Premium ads

17 Apr 2013

“If Not For My Brother, Yomi Casual Will Be Nobody” -Top Celebrity Designer, Makun Omoniyi


If truly the number of celebrities that rock your outfit will determine how good you are, definitely Makun Omoniyi a.k.a Yomi Casual deserved a standing ovation as 80% of the artistes we have in Nigeria rock his wears. Meanwhile, what we have on the cool dude is far beyond his creativity but how he attributed his success story to his elder brother, Ayo Makun better known as AY.  In a brief chat, he said “If not for my brother, Yomi Casual will be nobody.  He gave me all the support that anybody can wish for. He would have given me money, he’s a big boy and he has money. He would have put me on a pay roll paying me 50k per month and I will be sorting myself. I would have been with him like a lazy boy.  But then, when he saw me, he knew I have passion for fashion and he didn’t want to kill that passion, he said Yomi: I will teach you how to fish. He said trust me, people that have handwork are the one making money in Lagos. So, instead of given you money, I will help you. He put my advert on TV for free. My advert was on AY Show on DSTV and other ten different stations in Lagos. At that point, my name was even bigger than me. When I tell people that, I’m Yomi Casual they will ask me if I’m okay because they expect to see a very big guy. So I hold the success to my big brother, AY.”

No comments: