Premium ads

25 Oct 2014

How Unstable Health Deprives Akeem Shodehinde From Running Movida Club

Hakeem-Shodeinde

There is no way today that Akeem Sodeinde’s name will not resonate loudly when the issue of nite-club business is talked about in the country today. The young man who has experimented with many clubs in Lagos got the sobriquet General because of his exploits in the trade.
Despite his huge influence, his then thriving club Movida located on Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos has now become history if we are to believe the story making the rounds lately and what the General himself said about the closure of the club.
Speaking on the issue recently, Akeem Sodeinde said that it is true that he is closing the  club and the reasons he mentioned are health, family and to enable him move closer to his creator.

According to him, he says “ yes I am closing the club to enable me attend to my health and take care of my family. Am closing the club for health reason, to re brand/restructure and give my life to Christ”.
The man who is to have become the czar of night life business in the country said he actually wishes his creator will keep him so he could set up a church to praise his name.
Speaking on this, he says “First of all, the first thing I need God to do for me is to give me long life, so that I can build a church and tell him thank you, no matter how small the church may be; I will tell him thank you for keeping me alive for the past two to three years of this unfaithful moment of my life. My God is the most important thing, I have realized a lot of things after the sickness came to me that I need to be closer to God and anybody out there that loves life needs to be closer to God”  Akeem has been in and out of the hospital lately; a thing that has seen him moved out of the country to  other lands in search of permanent solution to his  health problem. But, just when people are about to conclude that it is over for him, he’ll bounce back with a bang that has prevented many from unnecessary assumptions.
Aside the issue of his health, many had thought huge debt that is hanging on his neck is surely responsible for the closure. To this; Akeem  said it is unusual in businesses for such to arise. Speaking further he says “No, owing debt has always been part of businesses anywhere in the whole world, people owe you or you owe people but the good aspect of it is to accept the fact that you have a debt is to show and accept with a reason and belief to pay back the money you borrow or owe but let the people know. It’s just because of the circumstances of life/situation and the way it came after you.
“I also want to thank my very good friends and brother that really stood by me, I have so much love for them and I pray long life for them and thank them for all the good things they have done for me and I promise I will never disappoint them in Jesus name”.
Will his decision to quit niteclubbing business not be  disappointing to his friends he so much talked about? He responded by saying “Really, it’s not about what people think, for now is what I feel. Actually for now; I don’t care about what people think whether I pull out or not, it’s about my health, my life comes first. Without health, you don’t have a business; not because I want to try and please anybody then I should go and kill myself. They are sleeping in the house and I am standing under the heat and shouting so nobody can tell me about what to do. First of all; God comes first then my life follows and tomorrow if God says; I should not do night club again so shall it be in Jesus (Amen). I will go back to bible school and say the Lord prayers, nobody in this world is bigger than God, I thank him for keeping me alive; I don’t care about money or riches, money is something that will come and go but the power of God is bigger than everything, I have been doing a night club business for 18 to 20 years and I  have not heard a gunshot, I have not been robbed. Someone up there likes me very much, He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world, so I thank Him for his mercy, God first before any other persons”.
When we probed him further on his health that despite doctor’s warning to stay clear of cigarette and alcohol, why did he continue, Akeem who was sober said he doesn’t drink in his house except he gets to club by 12:30am “I just take pure champagnes and many people now think I drink because if I don’t do that; it will affect the business. When I put water or coke in my front and costumers come and see me drink it, they will also go for such because they may believe that is what they sell here and I’ve seen a club shut down based on this. But to be honest, the smoking is an addiction; I can’t lie to God because if I lie am just deceiving myself not anybody. But I have been praying to God to stop which I believe I will stop soon. And the habit of drinking and smoking is the more reason I need to shut the club down because it’s really affecting my only one working kidney which is not good for my health at all. Am shutting down the club because of my health and when am fully okay, I will re-open the club again and I don’t want people to judge me because they see me drink and smoke in the club even when you see me playing with ladies in the club, it is just the nature of my job not my sex or personal life style because I don’t do it at home or anywhere. I’ve given my life to Christ for all he has done for me, for He is the greatest”.
How then will he pay his bills when the club finally closes down for business? Akeem responded by saying;  “No businessman can put his two eggs in one basket. There are some little things one can feed on not just like the mega one. I still have what I can live on and mind you my expenses will not be like before but I will still live well and pay my bills. I have things that can still keep me alive. If I remember that there are people who sell Akara and Tuwo to survive; I believe I will survive because I can’t go and beg for shoes or clothes, am not too greedy neither am I desperate and If God says there is life, he will send the deliverance to me, God’s time is the best. Starvation is never my problem. You know what, people have gone through a lot in the bible like Lazarus and Abraham and they shared testimony so who am I. First of all, let me take care of my life and after my life; I will think of what to do”.
Some people who heard Akeem speak on his illness were full of pity for Akeem who never believed he could survive when the illness first hit him, Akeem in a  laden voice  says “Our God is an awesome God, in 2009 before opening Movida when I was running Insomnia with Lolu and Joseph Yobo, I made a promise to God that I will never gamble again when and if I did, He should strike me dead or punish me. God gave me 77Million Naira to open Movida and I made so much money there and I never paid tithe to God but I was giving money to everybody around me like beggars, girlfriends just mention few but God that gave me life, I didn’t give him one Naira. And today; I have gone through a lot which I and people believe am going to die and He still kept me alive with one kidney which means He still loves me after making covenant with him not to go back to gambling and I still went back. But I’ve now realized that gambling means life itself is a gamble, whatever you do in life is a gamble, so I’ll never make any covenant never to gamble in life but I will gamble anything in life but never gamble to kill or wreck myself. I will build a church for almighty God before the age of 50, give it to somebody and thank God for keeping me alive. Also, if the club business is not really in me anymore; I will go to bible school and praise the Lord, I have seen what God has done in my life in different ways. I have a kidney problem and diabetes but I am still eating Gari, Rice and so on and I am still living. I don’t know what he keeps me for, if Lord says I am going to serve him let it be done. I will do anything to praise his name because am a prayerful man who had seen that God has the ultimate power to life. No matter how powerful or your position in the society, I know God is the most powerful and He will always be with me and my family always in Jesus name”.

No comments: