Premium ads

19 Jul 2014

SUNDAY ARE RUBBISHES CITY PEOPLE MAGAZINE’S REPORT

One of the most respected artiste managers in Nigeria, Sunday Are is very bitter over a recent report by a soft sell magazine, City People. Are is of the opinion that even if the paper sells based on sensational headlines, sensitive issues should not be badly reported to appeal to readers with mischievous intent to raise profit margin.
Are was recently interviewed by a reporter from City People Magazine who quoted him out of context with a screaming headline on its cover-‘How I Made Lagbaja, D’Banj & Asa Big Brands”. He’s very bitter and worried at the extent to which journalists can go to fabricate headlines.
Speaking on the development, Are said the paper and the interviewer do not have genuine intentions towards the interview. “The reporter has been on my trail for the past few weeks since they gave me an award but I couldn’t give him an appointment due to my busy schedules. 

With constant plea on phone calls and text messages, I finally gave him an appointment. He said they needed to interview me on the recent award given to me. I was shocked to see a screaming headline on its cover on how I made Lagbaja, D’Banj and Asa. I never spoke on such issues. I might have working relationships with all the people mentioned in the report either now or in the past, no man can make another man. It is only God that is capable of making anyone a big brand. Even the so called subject of the interview which is the award was not reflected in the transcription. I want to categorically state here that I never uttered any such statements as they are all figments of the imagination of the reporter and his editors”.

No comments: