Premium ads

8 Apr 2014

Nigerian Anti-Drug Agency Arrests Woman Who Hid 685g Of Cocaine In Her Vagina

The Nigerian National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested a 36-year-old food vendor for concealing wraps of cocaine in her vagina.
Chinelo Okorom Lynnette was arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos during the inward screening of passengers who arrived via an Ethiopian Airlines flight from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia The NDLEA said Chinelo has already “excreted” 685g of cocaine and remains under observation.
“The suspect tested positive for drug ingestion and vaginal insertion”, Commander of NDLEA at the airport, Hamza Umar said.
“She, however, expelled a total of 685 grammes of substance that tested positive for cocaine while under observation at the airport”.


The suspect confessed to the crime, but claimed that she was lured into drug trafficking on the pretext that she would be importing female bags.
“I am a food vendor at Ajangbadi, Lagos and have never been involved in crime. I am a victim of man’s cruelty to man”, she lamented in her statement.
“My husband abandoned me with four children two years ago. I work hard to pay their fees and ensure their proper upkeep. The last straw that devastated me was when the landlord forcefully ejected me. I had nowhere to turn to for solace”.
Chinelo said she was “crying like a baby” when a man appeared out of the blue to offer a shoulder to cry on, asking her to wipe away her tears and promising to introduce her to importation business.
“I felt he was God-sent until he sponsored my trip to Addis Ababa”, she said. “When I got to Ethiopia, he told me to take cocaine to Nigeria. Initially I disagreed, but he threatened to recover his investment at all cost”.
Also speaking, Chairman of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade observed that drug traffickers are fond of always changing their routes and tactics, but they could not possibly outsmart the NDLEA.
“Going to Addis Ababa to smuggle cocaine into Nigeria is one of the tricks employed by drug trafficking syndicates” Giade said.
“Cocaine is not known to come from Addis but, we were able to detect it because of our vigilance. We are prepared to counter the activities of drug kingpins and bring them to justice. We look forward to fruitful progress in our investigation”.
While confirming that the suspect will soon be charged to court, he implored the public to be wary of the manipulative tendencies of drug traffickers.



culled from Sahara Reporter

No comments: